• Rural development academy, Bogra (RDA) will start offering Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Development (PGDRD) for the students who wants to develop career in Rural areas. The PDGRD have modified with practical experiences of various stakeholders including experiences private sector and NGO.
• Katalyst along with Innovision Consulting Ltd. will assist Haychem Bangladesh Ltd., Intefa, Auto Crop Care Ltd. and SEMCO to facilitate training for their staff. In order to sensitize the staff about balanced usage of fertiliser and to build their capacity so they can provide nutrient deficiency specific information to farmers and dealers/retailers.
• Katalyst along with Enroute will assist Advanced Multifarm Ltd. to facilitate training for their staff in order to build their capacity regarding balanced usage of fertiliser and compost.
• Katalyst along with Enroute will assist Riya Fertiliser and NAAFCO to facilitate lab assistant training to build capacity of their production unit in order to maintain quality compost production. Technical experts will be hired for this.
• Katalyst will facilitate Annyapurna Agro Service to conduct Vermicompost Production Training for homestead producers.
• Katalyst along with SEBA Ltd. will assist Partex Agro Limited to facilitate training sessions for their staff. The purpose of this training is to strengthen the knowledge as well as making them aware of innovation in providing cultivation information through seed packaging.
• Katalyst along with SEBA Ltd. will assist GME Agro Limited to facilitate their respective training sessions for distribution channel members (dealers and retailers), farmers, SAAO and field days for farmers to promote Integrated Pest Management (IPM) in Bangladesh.
• In September, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS) is going to organize a workshop on ‘Inclusive Market Development in Agriculture Sector of Bangladesh: Scopes and Opportunities’ with participants from representatives of Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Industries, Private sectors, NGOs and Media.
• Katalyst along with Innovision Consulting Ltd. will assist Auto Crop Care Ltd. Chittagong to conduct SAAO meetings in order to make them aware about balanced usage of fertiliser.
• Katalyst will facilitate Annyapurna Agro Service to conduct Integration Workshop with DAE officials in order to sensitize them about Balance usage of fertiliser, compost and Annyapurna’s products.
• Katalyst along with Enroute will assist Riya Fertiliser, NAAFCO and Ujirpur Organic Multipurpose Cooperative Society Ltd. to facilitate Linkage Meeting with various stakeholders such as lead farmers, dealers/retailers, company staff and DAE officials in order to make them all aware of balanced usage of fertiliser and to create a platform to share their opinions.
• Katalyst will facilitate Rahman Agro Farming to carry out retailer training programs and SAAO meetings in order to promote Rahman Agro Farming’s compost and also to make the participants aware about the balanced usage of fertiliser and the importance of compost.
• Katalyst along with Edge Consulting Ltd. will facilitate PSKF (particularly PACE project) to conduct dissemination workshop of profitable vegetable based cropping pattern and techniques.
•In September, MART, a leading Knowledge based consulting firm on Emerging Markets, is going to conduct 2 course development workshops with faculty members of American International University of Bangladesh. The two courses are ‘Agro-based product marketing’ and ‘Product innovation and management’ where inclusive business related topics will be promoted for the students of Business schools.
• In August, Katalyst will organize career fair in Sylhet Agricultural University to improve linkage between agribusiness industry and agricultural academia.
• Katalyst will facilitate ACI Seeds Ltd. to promote usage of quality vegetable seeds in haors through video docudrama.
• Katalyst along with SEBA Ltd. will assist NAAFCO to facilitate multimedia meetings and campaigns for farmers to disseminate comprehensive information with quality inputs for vegetable cultivation.
• EON and Petrochem will be conducting promotional campaigns across the country to inform and educate farmers about the new Missed Call Based Customer Care Solution. Approximately 116 haat activites will take place in Rangpur, Bagerhat, Lalmonirhat, Jessore, Khulna, Moulvibazaar, Srimongol, Mymensingh, Narshingdi and Bhola in the month of August.
• Katalyst will facilitate Annyapurna Agro Service and Rahman Agro Farming to conduct Docudrama Screenings and Field Days in order to promote the usage of compost and their products to a broader audience.
• Katalyst will facilitate Innovision Consulting Ltd. and Enroute to facilitate private micronutrient companies and compost companies to conduct field days and multimedia screenings to raise awareness regarding balanced usage of fertiliser.
Meeting and Event
• GME Agro Limited will facilitate several small farmer meetings with the assistance of Katalyst and SEBA to inform and encourage the farmers about Integrated Pest Management (IPM) technology.
• Agricultural input companies EON and Petrochem will conduct 350 farmer meetings to promote the recently launched Missed Call Based Customer Care Solution and encourage farmers to utilize this resource to obtain relevant and timely agricultural information in the months of August and September.
• ACI will organize 126 farmers meeting by utilizing the new video integrated training method in August 2016 in Narshingdi,Brahmanbaria,Mymensingh,Comilla,Natore and Feni
• Katalyst’s Local Agri-business Network (LAN) sector will participate in a field visit and national seminar arranged by Agriculture and Food Security Program (AFSP II) from August 22 to 26, 2016. The visiting area will be in Rangamati and Khagrachari in Chittagong district.
• Katalyst will facilitate Innovision Consulting Ltd. and Enroute to facilitate private micronutrient and compost companies to conduct retailers and farmers meetings to make them aware about the balanced usage of fertiliser, importance of micronutrients and compost, and also to promote their products among the participants.
• Intervention manager of Winter Maize promotion, conducted an exposure visit in Khulna with the assistance of Katalyst sector team to introduce lead maize farmers, traders, distributor, retailer, partner company representatives to PCF Feed Industries to establish both backward and forward linkage in that region.
• Linkage Meeting was held , with the assistance of Katalyst sector team and Katalyst’s private partner Syngenta Bangladesh, to share criteria of maize grain purchase by feed mill/traders, their purchase mechanism, communication channel of feed mill, crusher/traders, linkage establishment between producers and forward market actors in Rajshahi Region.
• Katalyst facilitated Mymensingh branch of ACCL (Auto Crop Care Ltd.) to hold meetings with Pocha Feed mill, Mahadi Feed, Rajquality Feed mill to share their present maize production area and arranged field visit for linkage establishment with feed mill suppliers who have limited knowledge about availability of quality maize grain from Kisorgonj and Mymensingh. Information on quality of maize grain, volume of maize grain to trader/crusher/Feed mill, and purchase mechanism was disseminated as well.
• Katalyst facilitated Mymensingh branch of ACCL (Auto Crop Care Ltd.) to arrange demonstration field at different regions regarding short duration T.Aman variety for “Promoting maize based cropping pattern through introducing short duration T. Aman”. The objective was to enhance practical knowledge of local farmers regarding the benefits of short duration T.Aman variety for promoting profitable maize based cropping pattern among local farmers.
PCL Manikganj, facilitated by EDGE Consulting Ltd. and Katalyst organized SAAO meetings regarding promotion, access of information to farmers and post-harvest technologies of summer maize cultivation in suitable areas at Manikganj District and they also organized farmers training programs
• Experts from public bodies, private companies and different research and academic institutes took part in a roundtable discussion on balanced use of fertilizers at The Daily Star Centre in Dhaka. The newspaper organized the event in association with Katalyst, Naafco (Pvt) Ltd. and Society for Media and Suitable Human-communication techniques to discuss about current scenario of fertiliser usage in Bangladesh and critical issues like adulteration. The participants comprised of stakeholders from diverse sectors such as Department of Agricultural Extension (DAE), Soil Resource & Development Institute (SRDI), Haychem, ACI, Bangladesh Agricultural University.
• Petrochem will be conducting 30 dealer trainings in the month of August to inform and educate them about the facilities of their own Missed Call Based Customer Care Solution so that they can encourage farmers from their respective territories to access this service and be benefitted.